March 29, 2015

My Husband Told Me To Get A Hobby...

So, whenever I complain to Ben about him always going to the gym, buying and shooting guns, kickboxing, playing video games....he always tells me to get a hobby then. Well, I have recently found a hobby.....

PINTEREST!!!!

Can that be a hobby? Well, its my new hobby, so get over it.

I am actually pretty proud of myself for my craftiness (not a creative person at all), and Im actually really enjoying it. Im kinda in a lull at the moment cuz to be honest, it was a lot of work doing these projects....since i have a crazy two-eenager and a little babe, and still have to keep my house from looking like something out of a horder episode lol.

So here are a few of my projects as of late....

1. Collage Wall
     I was REALLY tired of my house looking like I had just moved in...I mean come on! We have lived here for almost three years, its time to decorate...and i mean decorate, not just toss a few pictures on the walls.

2. Name Banner

3. Toilet paper roll wall hanging

4. DIY canvas pictures
This is somewhat a tradition in the atwood family...my grandmother has a picture of my mom and her siblings in the bathtub as kids, a picture of me and my brother and my two oldest cousins, and now a picture of my girls on her bathroom wall. Three generations of bathtime fun. So now I am putting those pictures on my walls. I just have to do bens picture once i get the copy from the printers. This was so easy...canvas, modge podge, and a little bit of black paint. Voila

5. Burlap wreath

6. Bathroom reno
-painted walls
-painted cabinets, used chalk paint for the first time. ..2coats plus 2 coats varnish. ....pain.in.the.butt.
-spray painted countertops with stone spray paint
-matching towels, curtain, and floor mat
- still have to do mirror frame and hang bathroom pictures
After walls painted

Before



Almost finished! Just need to cut and paint trim for mirror frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment